The operating systems of your computer are not configured to run the application you have downloaded.
The “the operating system is not configured to run this application excel” error message appears when a user tries to install an app on their computer. The issue is that the OS does not allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has dived deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialize in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
This page was last updated on November 19, 2021.
Publish date: March 2020
- When installing a new software on Windows 10, you should always make a note of whether or not it is compatible with your operating system.
- You may see an error message saying that the OS is not set to execute that program owing to software difficulties, in which case you should follow the instructions outlined in this article.
- This is only one of many guides we’ve included in our dedicated hub for resolving Windows 10 difficulties, so keep it in case you need it again.
- Check out our Fix page for additional amazing solutions to common Windows 10 troubles.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Have you just updated to Windows 10 on your computer? Then you’ve most likely seen the vexing When you try to start any Microsoft Office 365 apps, you get the operating system is not currently set to execute this program problem.
This article will assist you in resolving this issue.
Users of Windows 10 are unable to correctly run their programs due to this problem. Meanwhile, we’ve created a list of options that you may apply to swiftly resolve this issue.
What can I do if the operating system isn’t set up to execute particular apps?
- Run the Windows Update program.
- Microsoft Office should be repaired.
- Your file registry should be repaired.
- Microsoft Office Diagnostics should be run
- Microsoft Office should be installed again.
- Use compatibility mode to run the program.
- Drivers must be updated.
1. Run the Windows Update program.
- To get started, go to Start, enter update in the search box, and then click on Windows Update.
- Check for updates in the Windows Update window and install any that are available.
- Restart your Windows PC after the update is complete.
Running Windows Update is another option for resolving the issue notice. Microsoft publishes Windows updates on a regular basis to enhance system stability and correct numerous faults and errors; Microsoft Office 365 improvements may be included in the most recent upgrades.
When the Windows search box vanishes, most users are at a loss for what to do. Learn how to get it back in just a few steps by reading this post.
2. Repair the Microsoft Office setup
- To start the Run application, press the Windows and R keys at the same time.
- Click OK after typing appwiz.cpl without quotes.
- Scroll down until you find the Microsoft Office software, then click Change, then Repair.
- Wait for the repair procedure to complete after selecting Full Repair or Online Repair.
- Restart your computer when the repair is completed, and then open the Microsoft Office program.
Because of the migration procedure from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, the installed Microsoft Office software may be corrupted. The Microsoft Office application, on the other hand, may be fixed using the Control Panel.
You may need to repair the Microsoft Office installation to resolve the issue.
To re-activate Microsoft Office, you must use real license/activation information. Also, Online Repair needs an active Internet connection; if you choose this option, be sure you have one.
When the Windows key stops functioning, you’re at a loss for what to do. Check out this method to quickly resolve the problem.
3. Take care of your file registry.
- Start by typing cmd into the search box, then right-clicking Command Prompt and selecting Run as Administrator.
- Now, without quotes, write sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Wait for the scanning to finish before restarting your computer. A
- On restarting, all corrupted files will be fixed.
The error notice “The operating system is not currently set to execute this program” might be caused by a corrupted file registry. Furthermore, this corruption corrupts the data in Microsoft Office 365 program files, resulting in the error message.
To check for damaged files, validate the integrity of all system files, and restore the faulty files, use Windows’ built-in System File Checker or third-party utility applications.
If you wish to securely fix your system file registry, you may utilize Restoro’s specialist Windows repairing tools.
4. Launch the Microsoft Office Diagnostics program.
- Type Microsoft office diagnostics without quotes while holding down the Windows and Q keys at the same time.
- To start the software, choose Microsoft Office Diagnostics from the search results.
- Click Start Diagnostics after following the directions.
- After troubleshooting, choose the Close option.
Running Microsoft Office diagnostics is another option for resolving the situation. This troubleshooting tool locates and resolves the issue, ensuring that Microsoft Office runs smoothly.
Reinstall Microsoft Office if necessary.
- Microsoft Office should be uninstalled from the Control Panel.
- Download Microsoft Office from the official website.
- After installing Microsoft Office, restart your computer.
Note: In order to continue with a new installation of Microsoft Office, you need also need legitimate license/activation data.
You may also remove the Microsoft Office suite and reinstall it on your Windows 10 PC. The error issue on your PC might be resolved by reinstalling Microsoft Office.
We recommend using a professional uninstaller program to securely uninstall Microsoft Office. It will remove any application in seconds.
Then, using the finest uninstaller software for Windows 10 PCs, you have the option of completely deleting the desired program.
Take a look at this fantastic post for further information on how to entirely delete Office from your Windows PC. Check out this helpful tutorial to learn how to get rid of software leftovers.
6. Switch to compatibility mode and run the program.
- Right-click the program shortcut on the desktop or wherever the real application is located and choose “Properties.”
- Select the Compatibility tab from the drop-down menu and tick the box. Use compatibility mode to run this software for:
- Select any previous version of Windows to execute the software from the drop-down list.
- Finally, press OK to start the software.
Some programs that have not been optimized for newer operating systems are unable to adapt, resulting in the error notice. The Windows 10 OS will allow your software to operate on an earlier version of Windows if you run it in compatibility mode.
Note: You may also utilize Compatibility Administrator, which is one of Microsoft’s newest tools for repairing apps that don’t work on Windows. It allows the software to run on Windows PCs. Compatibility Administrator is available for download and installation on your Windows PC.
Visit the official Microsoft Compatibility Administrator page for additional information on how to use Compatibility Administrator.
7. Keep your drivers up to date.
From your Device Manager, you can simply update the drivers manually. To do so, open the Device Manager window and right-click on the device you wish to update the driver for. Select the Update driver option, and Windows will look for the most convenient update for you.
When you accept the result, Windows will download and install the driver right away.
Many customers verified that changing their drivers cured the issue. Install the latest driver updates for your GPU, peripherals, and other devices. To make the modifications take effect, restart your computer.
Finally, before you start with any of the remedies that need installation repair, make sure you have a legitimate Microsoft Office key.
Do you have any questions about the information in this guide? Please share them in the comments area below, along with any other recommendations.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are 5 responses to this post.
Watch This Video-
The “the operating system is not presently configured to run this application” is a message that is seen when trying to install an app on Windows 10. This issue can be fixed by installing the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack. Reference: the operating system is not presently configured to run this application excel 2016.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix operating system is not presently configured to run this application?
A: Please download and install the latest version of Windows 10.
How do I configure my operating system?
A: There are many different hardware configurations that can be installed and configured to work with Beat Saber. However, they tend to differ between operating systems and it would take a lot of time for us to go through each one. We recommend looking at the list of compatible controllers on the support page linked below if you have any questions about your specific hardware configuration.
Why does solidworks say the operating system is not presently configured to run this application?
A: It is possible that you may need to update some of your software. Please try running the program again and see if it works this time around.
- the operating system is not configured to run this application office 2013
- the operating system is not configured to run this application outlook
- the operating system is not presently configured to run this application windows 7
- how to fix the operating system is not presently configured to run this application
- the operating system is not presently configured to run this application outlook 365