A common problem with Windows is the NTFS File System error. If this happens to you, here are a few tips that can help fix it.
The “ntfs_file_system error repair windows 10” is a problem that many Windows users have been experiencing for years. There are several ways to fix the issue, but this article will focus on one of them.
authored by Matthew Adams
Expert in Windows and Software
Matthew is a freelance writer who has written a number of articles on different technology-related themes. His major interest is the Windows operating system and all that surrounds it. He is enthralled by… Read more
- In Windows 11, the NTFS File System issue may be caused by out-of-date hard drive drivers or damaged disk sectors.
- This BSOD issue may be resolved by running file and disk scans from the Command Prompt.
- Another possible NTFS File System issue remedy is to rebuild the boot manager.
- To permanently repair this problem, do not hesitate to replace defective or obsolete device drivers.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
The NTFS File System problem has been reported as a Windows 11 BSOD (Black Screen of Death) issue by certain users. A notice with the NTFS File System stop code appears when this issue occurs. This is what the message says:
Your computer has encountered a problem and has to be restarted. We’ll start again for you… Give this information to a support representative if you call: NTFS File System.
This BSOD problem occurs at the starting of the machine, which is terrible news. When the problem arises, Windows 11 does not start up. On Windows 10, NTFS File System problems were no different.
As a result, users must boot into Windows Recovery Environment or Safe Mode to resolve the NTFS File System problem using the options listed below.
What causes the NTFS File System blue screen of death?
This is a hard disk problem, according to the NTFS File System code. It may be caused by malfunctioning or obsolete hard drive drivers, as well as bad disk sectors. It’s also possible that the NTFS file system partition on your PC’s hard drive is corrupted.
The NTFS File System problem might also be caused by corrupted system files, malware, or other device driver difficulties. Check out the list of things that might cause a Blue Screen of Death for additional information.
Windows 11 comes with a number of system tools that may efficiently address such issues. This is how you can repair Microsoft’s new desktop platform’s NTFS File System.
In Windows 11, how can I repair the NTFS File System error?
1. Examine the system files
- Open the search box (the shortcut is Windows + S).
- Command Prompt will be found if you type cmd into the search box.
- In the search utility, type Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Type the following command and press Enter: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- When the Deployment Image Servicing scan is finished, type sfc /scannow and press Return.
- Wait for the System File Checker to complete its scan.
2. Perform a disk scan.
- As mentioned in the first three steps of the previous resolution, open the Command Prompt.
- Then enter chkdsk /f c: into the command prompt and hit Return:
- To do so, press the Y and Enter buttons on your keyboard.
- Open the Start menu and select the Power button from the drop-down menu. To begin the scan, choose Restart.
3. Run a virus check.
- To open the Windows Security software, double-click the icon in the system tray.
- Then, on the left, click the Virus and Threat Protection tab.
- To access those choices, click Scan options.
- Then choose Full Scan from the drop-down menu.
- To begin, press the Scan Now button.
4. Repair the startup.
- To access Settings fast, hold down the Windows key and the I hotkey.
- On the System tab of Settings, choose the Recovery navigation option.
- For the Advanced starting option, click Restart now.
- To bring up the menu shown below, choose Troubleshoot and Advanced options.
- To launch the utility, choose the Startup Repair option there.
5. Restart the computer and rebuild the boot manager.
- Select a Run shortcut by right-clicking Start.
- In the Open box of Run, type the following command: cmd
- Ctrl + Shift + Enter is a key combination.
- Then enter in the following four instructions, one after the other, pressing Enter after each one:
/fixmbr bootrec.exe /fixboot bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd bootrec.exe /scanos bootrec
6. Windows 11 should be reset.
- Select the pinned Settings app from your Start menu.
- To see additional possibilities, click Recovery.
- Within the recovery choices, press the Reset PC button.
- Select In the Reset this PC window, keep my files.
- Then choose either Cloud download or Local reinstall from the drop-down menu.
- To continue, use the Next and Finish buttons.
What is the procedure for entering Windows Recovery Environment and Safe Mode?
You may need to enter Safe Mode from the Windows Recovery Environment to repair the BSOD problem described above. You can get into WindowsRE by restarting your computer three times in a row. During system startup, press the Power button for five to ten seconds on a logo to restart.
Numerous troubleshooting tools are included in the Windows Recovery Environment. From there, you may use the Command Prompt, Windows 11 reset, and Startup Repair options. However, to use them in Safe Mode, follow the procedures below:
- To begin, go to the Choose an option menu and click Troubleshoot.
- To access that menu, choose Advanced settings.
- Then choose Start-up Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Restart from the drop-down menu.
You’ll see a Startup Settings menu when Windows 11 resumes. Select the Enable Safe Mode with Networking option by pressing the F5 key.
After that, you may use Safe Mode to do all of the above-mentioned tasks. Those are some of the most effective ways to solve the NTFS File System problem in Windows 11.
However, we can’t promise that this black (blue in Windows 10) screen fault will be fixed for everyone. If those options aren’t adequate, your computer may need a new hard disk. In such situation, try returning your PC to the manufacturer’s service center or other reliable options.
The blue screen error troubleshooter from Microsoft may also be useful in resolving the NTFS File System problem. That link will take you to a troubleshooting page in your browser. To apply additional possible remedies, go through the BSOD recommendations provided by that troubleshooter.
Also, see how to solve File System problem 1073545193 on Windows 10 in this post. Users of Windows 11 can also use the solutions described in this article.
Feel free to contribute your thoughts on the NTFS File System problem in the comments section below. If you’ve discovered an alternate solution to resolve this BSOD problem that isn’t listed above, please let us know.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “ntfs file system error windows 8” is a problem that has been present for a while. If you are experiencing the issue, there are some steps to fix it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix the NTFS file system error?
A: If you are attempting to install a game and it is giving you the error, Please go into your Windows settings menu and change the file system from NTFS to FAT32.
How do I fix NTFS error in Windows 10?
A: A NTFS error is when your computer sees the drive as unusable. This can happen for various reasons, but one possible and often result in this issue is that a Windows update has caused some of the files on your hard disk to become corrupted or unreadable by computers operating systems (Windows 10 specifically). The first step in fixing this problem would be to ensure you are not using an outdated version of Windows. If theres still no luck after trying a few updates and reboots, then it might just be time to reformat your hard-disk/partitions so that theyre readable again!
What causes NTFS File System error?
A: NTFS File System error happens when a certain file system is not recognized in Windows, which could be due to any reason.
- ntfs file system error windows 10 reddit
- how to fix ntfs file system error windows 7
- ntfs file system error after reset
- ntfs file system error blue screen
- how to fix stop code ntfs file system