Windows 11 is now available for download on a virtual machine. However, many users are experiencing issues with the activation process. Here’s what you need to know if your computer isn’t activated.
Windows 11 is the latest version of Microsoft’s popular operating system. It can be activated without a product key, but it will not activate on a virtual machine. To avoid this issue, follow these steps to activate Windows 11 on a virtual machine.
Claudiu Andone is a writer who lives in Romania.
Expert in Windows and Software
Claudiu, a veteran of the computer and scientific press, is focused on everything fresh from Microsoft. His sudden interest in computers began when he was a child and saw the first Home Computer. However, his… Continue reading
- When you activate Windows 11 on a virtual machine, you’ll get access to the Personalization capabilities, among other things.
- Installing and activating Windows 10 on the virtual computer and then upgrading to Windows 11 is the ideal approach.
- Installing the new OS and just inserting your old key is also an option.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Without a doubt, Windows 11 has sparked a lot of interest among users all around the globe, and as more people download and install it, the number of queries has grown.
How to activate Windows 11 on a virtual computer is one of the most essential. This is due to the fact that many of you want to install it in a secure environment.
That is also our suggestion, and we have prepared an article on how to test Windows 11 by installing it on a virtual computer.
However, some of you may have discovered that after installing it on a virtual machine, the Windows 11 copy was not enabled, preventing you from using some of the capabilities.
Why wasn’t Windows 11 turned on?
When you update a Windows 10 computer to Windows 11, the system should usually utilize the product key from the previous version.
The product key will not be recognized if you don’t have an active copy of Windows 10 or if you skip the TPM 2.0 verification.
This may also happen if you use an unauthorized ISO downloaded from an untrustworthy source. There are plenty of them available, however we highly advise against purchasing one since they are not safe.
Let’s see whether your copy of Windows 10 is active and obtain the key if we’ve figured out why this issue arises.
What is the best way to locate my Windows 10 product key?
- To launch Command Prompt with full rights, click the Start button and enter cmd, then choose Run as administrator from the search results.
- To execute the command, enter or paste the following command line and hit Enter: obtain OA3xOriginalProductKey wmic path softwareLicensingService
- If you don’t get any results, your copy of Windows is either not activated or you don’t have a genuine copy. In this situation, the only option is to purchase a copy of Windows 10 or Windows 11 and activate it using the key.
- If the product key is visible, copy it for later use.
You may now proceed to activate Windows 11 on the virtual computer using your product key.
On a virtual computer, how can I activate Windows 11?
1. On your virtual computer, upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10.
If you’ve completed the installation of Windows 10 on your virtual computer, you may begin by activating that copy.
- In your virtual computer, start Windows 10. For this example, we utilized VMware Workstation, but the procedure is the same for any other virtual computer.
- Click the Start button, enter activation into the search box, and then choose Activation settings from the list of options.
- As you can see in our image, Windows 10 Pro is enabled, but you’ll get the same results if your copy of the OS isn’t genuine. If your copy isn’t activated, click the Enter product key button, and if it’s not genuine, click the Change product key button.
- In either case, you’ll be presented with an Input product key window, in which you must enter a valid product key and then click the Next button.
- Then, from the Start menu, enter update and choose Check for Updates from the list of options.
- From the left pane, scroll down and choose Windows Insider Program.
- Now, from the right pane, press the Get started button.
- You’ll be prompted to connect a Microsoft account, so choose Link an account and log in.
- Continue after selecting the account.
- Next, decide whether you want to use the Dev Channel or the Beta Channel. If you want to obtain Windows 11 right now, these are your only choices. We suggest selecting the first option and then clicking Confirm.
- In the following box, click Confirm and then Restart.
- After the restart, go to the Windows Update menu by pressing the Start button, entering update, and choosing the appropriate choice from the list of options.
- Now, go ahead and click the Check for Updates option.
- You should be able to see the new Windows 11 Insider Preview build that is currently downloading after doing the search.
After that, you’ll be asked to restart your computer, and the Windows 11 installation process will begin.
Finally, you’ll have a fully functional and activated copy of Windows 11 on your virtual computer.
2. How to enter the Windows 11 product key
- Start your virtual computer using Windows 11. This tutorial was written using VMware Workstation, but the procedure is identical for any other virtual computer.
- From the taskbar, click the Search icon, type activation, and then select Activation settings from the results.
- As you can see from our snapshot, the Window copy is not active in the Activation state field.
- You’ll see a Change product key option below, so click the Change button on the right.
- After that, input the product key you received from Windows 10 and click Next. The system will activate the product key if it is legitimate.
If the Windows 10 key doesn’t work for any reason, install a copy of Windows 10 on your virtual machine, activate it with a valid key, then upgrade to Windows 11 as described in the first step.
What is the best way to get a Windows 10 key?
The only way to solve the issue if you don’t have a legitimate copy of Windows 10 is to purchase one. However, we advise against visiting random websites that may be offering pirated versions.
The easiest way to accomplish it is to search for alternatives in the Microsoft Store, which is accessible in Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Of course, there are other stores that offer authentic copies, so if you can find one that you trust, go ahead and buy it.
- Go to the Microsoft Store’s dedicated download page.
- Scroll down to discover the product that’s perfect for you, then click the Shop now option.
- Next, decide whether you want to download or use a USB drive. You should be aware that the latter option implies you will get the USB stick with the kit, which will take a few days to arrive. Finally, press the Add to Cart button.
- Unless you wish to add additional items to your cart, click the Review and Checkout option now.
- Verify the purchase in the following window before clicking the Checkout button.
- Select the payment method you want to use.
- You must fill out the credit/debit card details, as well as any additional information relevant to your payment method. Following the transfer, you will get a download link as well as a copy of your license, which you may use to activate the software.
Microsoft will release Windows 11 to the general public in October, and you will be able to purchase a license for the new operating system at that time. In this situation, you just need to wait a little longer.
What can I do to ensure that I receive a legitimate copy of Windows?
You may be able to find a shop that will sell you a Windows license for a very low price. If something seems to be too good to be true, it most often is.
You can use the product key and it will function great until you need to update anything and discover that it isn’t a genuine key.
The solution to this issue is to pay close attention to the warning signals and weigh a few important criteria before making a purchase.
Only shop at shops that have been certified.
Never purchase a Windows license from an untrustworthy source. This is true for any product you wish to purchase, not just a product key.
Avoid the shop if you don’t know anything about it, if it lacks credentials, or if the offers seem dubious.
Although we’ve covered the official procedure, there are a plethora of online shops that offer legitimate licenses. Simply keep an eye out for any negative reviews, or for the absence thereof.
Keep an eye out for authenticity certifications.
Official Microsoft hologram for packaging goods
The Certificate of Authenticity (COA), proof of license label, and an edge-to-edge hologram like the one above are all important characteristics of authentic Windows software.
You’ve undoubtedly got a pirated copy on your hands if all you get is a product key and some dodgy installation instructions.
Purchase a product that includes a Windows license.
Another method to ensure that you receive a legitimate copy of Windows is to buy a PC or laptop that already has the operating system installed.
Of course, you should ask for the store’s paperwork and labeling to check the evidence of software validity.
We hope that our tutorial helped you in activating Windows 11 on the virtual machine and that you learned how to avoid counterfeit goods.
There are many unauthorized versions of Windows on the market, and using one may get you into a lot of legal problems, even if it works as well as the original.
You can use a number of customization features and applications that you wouldn’t be able to use otherwise if you have an active copy of Windows.
You may also check at our comprehensive list of the finest license key recovery applications to assist you in activating your copy.
If you have any questions or ideas, please feel free to post them in the area below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Windows 11 is a new version of the Microsoft operating system. To activate it, you need to enter a key that will be given to you when you purchase it. Reference: windows 11 activation key.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you run Windows 11 in a virtual machine?
Yes, you can run Windows 11 on a virtual machine. Q:
How do I activate Windows on a virtual machine?
To activate Windows on a virtual machine, you need to use the Hyper-V manager. You can find it in Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Hyper-V Manager. Q:
How can I activate my Windows 11 for free?
You can activate your Windows 11 for free by visiting the official website and downloading the product key from there. Q:
- how to activate windows 11 for free
- how to run windows 11 on virtual machine
- activate windows 11 with windows 10 key
- windows 11 activation cmd
- windows 11 virtual machine download