CyberGhost VPN is a popular, reliable and easy to use vpn service that has been around for over ten years. However, it’s not working on your PC for some reason? We have the solution!
The “is cyberghost down” is a question that is asked quite often. The answer to this question is no, but the problem may be with your PC. If you have any problems with CyberGhost, check out our detailed guide for help.
Milan Stanojevic is a writer who lives in Belgrade, Serbia.
Expert in Windows and Software
Milan has been fascinated by computers since he was a youngster, and this has led him to be interested in all PC-related technology. He worked as a front-end web developer before joining WindowsReport. Continue reading
17th of December, 2021
Originally published in March of 2021.
- Your online privacy and security are at stake if Cyberghost is not operating.
- The CyberGhost not connecting issue may be swiftly resolved by updating your network drivers.
- If your Cyberghost isn’t working, you might try using a different DNS server.
- You might also try uninstalling the program and double-checking your network settings.
Although CyberGhost is a popular VPN software, some customers have claimed that it is not functioning on their computer.
This may be an issue since it leaves your online privacy vulnerable to other parties including your Internet service provider. However, there is a solution to this issue.
It is essential to utilize a VPN, and when it comes to VPNs, many people have claimed that CyberGhost is not functioning on their computer. In terms of VPN troubles, these are some of the most prevalent CyberGhost issues that customers have encountered:
- CyberGhost does not connect to Windows 10, nor does it open or start up — These are some of the most prevalent issues with CyberGhost. If you’re having trouble, make sure your antivirus or firewall isn’t obstructing CyberGhost.
- CyberGhost 6 has ceased operating — If your installation is corrupted, this issue might occur. Reinstall CyberGhost and see if it solves the issue.
- Connecting to the CyberGhost VPN network is now unavailable – It’s conceivable that your firewall is creating the problem if you can’t connect to the VPN network. Make sure the appropriate ports are open to remedy this.
- The CyberGhost service is unavailable with Windows 7 — This problem may occur on any version of Windows, so if you run into it, try one of our remedies.
How do I get Cyberghost to operate again?
- Your network drivers should be updated.
- Change your DNS to Google’s.
- Use the Command Prompt to get started.
- Install Cyberghost again.
- Check to see whether your network connection is up and running.
- Check the time on your computer.
- Make sure your antivirus is up to date.
- Check to see whether the relevant ports are open.
- Updates must be installed.
- CyberGhost may be run as an administrator or in compatibility mode.
1. Install the latest network driver.
It’s never been simpler to update your network driver. All you have to do is download a suitable third-party program that will update your drivers automatically.
You will no longer have to actively search for the most recent versions. The application detects and updates your computer’s drivers for you automatically. The days of installing incorrect driver versions are no longer with us.
A faulty driver might result in a variety of issues. If this is the case, you may need to update or reinstall this component entirely. We advocate employing an automated program for the work since the procedure is not simple to accomplish. This is how you do it:
- DriverFix is available for download and installation.
- Start the app.
- Allow the program to identify all of your bad drivers.
- You’ll now be given with a list of all the problematic drivers, and all you have to do is choose the ones you want patched.
- Wait for DriverFix to complete the download and installation of the most recent drivers.
- To make the modifications take effect, restart your computer.
Install and use DriverFix now to protect your Windows from any issues caused by damaged drivers!
Disclaimer: In order to execute certain specified operations, this software must be updated from the free version.
2. Use Google’s DNS service.
- Select your network from the menu by clicking the network symbol on your Taskbar.
- Click Change adapter settings in the right pane.
- The list of possible network connections should now appear.
- Select Properties from the menu when you right-click your network connection.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the drop-down menu and select Properties.
- There will be a new window open. Select Use the DNS server addresses listed below. Now set the Preferred DNS server to 22.214.171.124 and the Alternate DNS server to 126.96.36.199. Finally, click OK to preserve your changes.
If you want to secure your anonymity online, you should use a VPN, however some customers have claimed that Cyberghost could not download necessary files on their machines.
This may be a problem, but by switching to Google’s DNS, you may be able to resolve the issue.
After that, you should be able to remedy the issue by switching to Google’s DNS. This approach has been reported to work by several people, so give it a go.
3. Take use of the Command Prompt
- To do so, hold down the Windows key and the X key.
- From the menu, choose Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin).
- Type the following commands in Command Prompt:
- /release ipconfig
- /renew ipconfig
- reset winsock netsh
- int ip reset netsh
- /flushdns ipconfig
- registerdns ipconfig
- set heuristics disabled netsh int tcp
- set global autotuninglevel=disabled netsh int tcp
- set global rss=enabled netsh int tcp
- netsh int tcp show global netsh int tcp show global netsh int t
According to users, difficulties with your network connection might cause CyberGhost to stop operating. This is a rather frequent issue, and to resolve it, you’ll need to use the Command Prompt to perform a few commands.
Check whether the CyberGhost issue persists after performing these instructions.
4. Uninstall CyberGhost and reinstall it.
If CyberGhost isn’t operating, the issue might be with the installation. If your installation becomes corrupted, you will need to reinstall CyberGhost to remedy the issue.
This is easy to perform, however using uninstaller software is the best method to do it.
Uninstaller software, in case you didn’t know, is a specific program that removes all files and registry entries associated with the chosen application.
As a consequence, you’ll be able to delete any possible residual files and avoid future problems. If you’re seeking for a decent uninstaller, we recommend using the app remover listed below.
The uninstaller will also delete any residual files, resulting in a complete removal. After using uninstaller software to remove CyberGhost, download and install the most recent version to see whether the problem has been resolved.
5. Verify that your network connection is operational.
If CyberGhost VPN isn’t functioning on your computer, it’s possible that the issue is with your network connection. To resolve the issue, make sure that other apps, such as your browser, are functioning correctly.
If the network connection works, the issue did not begin here, and you should go on to the next remedy listed below.
6. Verify the time on the system
- In the bottom-right corner, right-click the clock symbol.
- From the menu, choose Adjust date/time.
- There should now be a new window open. Turn off the option to set time automatically.
- Turn this function back on when a few seconds have passed.
Cyberghost may sometimes have issues with your system time, particularly if your clock isn’t set correctly. Make sure you check your clock to solve this issue.
After that, the date and time should be automatically updated. If you wish to manually alter the date and time, click the Change option and make the necessary adjustments.
Check whether the issue persists after your date and time have been corrected.
7. Double-check your antivirus software.
According to users, your antivirus software might occasionally be the source of this issue. If CyberGhost isn’t operating on your computer, try adding it to your antivirus’s exceptions list.
If it doesn’t work, try turning off some functions or turning off your antivirus entirely. You may have to remove your antivirus in the worst-case situation.
Several customers have mentioned problems with Malwarebytes and CyberGhost, so if you’re using Malwarebytes, delete it and see if that helps.
Keep in mind that other antivirus programs may cause same issue, so you may need to uninstall them as well.
We recommend switching to a new antivirus solution if deleting current antivirus fixes the issue.
There are various antivirus programs that are compatible with Windows 10 and will not interfere with your VPN.
Many decent security software programs provide free trial versions, so if you’re not sure which one to acquire, you may check out a couple before deciding.
8. Double-check that all essential ports are open.
Certain ports must be open in order for CyberGhost to work on your computer. Check your firewall settings and make sure the following ports are enabled:
Note: In addition to your PC’s firewall, you should verify your router’s settings page to see whether the aforementioned postings are also accessible there.
9. Download and install the most recent updates.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Navigate to the Update & Security section of the Settings app after it has opened.
- In the right pane, click the Check for Updates button.
If you’re experiencing trouble using CyberGhost, it’s possible that system problems are to blame. Various programs may be hampered by issues with your operating system.
However, most of these system flaws should be resolved by just upgrading your system. Windows 10 will automatically install any missing updates, but you may always check for updates manually.
If any updates are available, they will be downloaded and installed immediately when you restart your computer. Check whether the issue persists after installing the most recent updates.
10. Run CyberGhost in compatibility mode or as an administrator.
- Right-click the CyberGhost shortcut and choose Properties.
- Choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
If CyberGhost isn’t operating on your computer, it’s possible that you don’t have administrator access. Users recommend running CyberGhost as an administrator to resolve the problem.
If this succeeds, CyberGhost should now be able to start without issue. Keep in mind that you must perform this procedure each time you wish to use CyberGhost.
You may, however, automate this procedure by setting CyberGhost to start with administrator capabilities by default.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Choose Properties from the menu when you right-click the CyberGhost shortcut.
- Check the Run this software as an administrator option on the Compatibility tab.
- To save your changes, click Apply and OK.
You won’t have to do anything manually after that since this shortcut will always launch CyberGhost with administrator capabilities.
If granting administrator access does not resolve your issue, you may want to try running the program in Compatibility mode. Follow these steps to do so:
- Choose Properties from the menu when right-clicking the CyberGhost shortcut.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and double-check. Select the appropriate Windows version and run this software in compatibility mode.
- Now click OK and Apply.
After that, attempt to start the program again to see whether the issue persists. Keep in mind that you may need to try out several Compatibility modes before you discover one that works best for you.
CyberGhost is a fantastic VPN program, but if it isn’t functioning on your computer, try one of our methods to see if it fixes the issue.
Your connection is insecure, and websites you visit may access your personal information:
- 188.8.131.52 is your IP address.
Companies may benefit from selling this data, as well as your location and internet provider identity, by sending tailored adverts or tracking your data consumption.
Private Internet Access, a VPN with a no-log policy, open source code, ad blocking, and more, is 79 percent off right now.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
The “unable to launch cyberghost 8 please check your internet connection” is a problem that has been present for a while. CyberGhost isn’t working on your PC, but there are some solutions to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is CyberGhost VPN not working?
A: CyberGhost VPN is not compatible with the device you are using.
Does CyberGhost work on PC?
A: Yes, CyberGhost works on PC.
Why is CyberGhost blocking my Internet?
A: Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is blocking your connection to the CyberGhost network because of some unknown type of security breach. Please contact them to find more information about this issue and resolve it.
- cyberghost chrome extension not working
- cyberghost blocking internet
- cyberghost testing ports failed
- cyberghost download
- cyberghost not working with netflix